blog / 09.06.2017 Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts
I am a Hurricane Katrina survivor. I remember the horror and terror that struck our nation when the storm struck down in my home state of Louisiana. I remember how I saw a great state and every other state come together and help take care of my friends, family, and loved ones.
New Orleans is now stronger than ever, and Houston, will be too. We as a nation have come together and continue to bring support and relief to help bring the communities back on their feet. Please join me in supporting Americares and Samaritan's Purse with what provides lifesaving medical care and health supplies.
I pledged the first $100,000. I hope that we can come together and make a bigger difference.
There are other ways to help too. There are many great organizations and people in cities across the country that are bringing food, water, clothes, flashlights, soap, shoes, and more to the affected areas. Here are some places in New York, New Jersey, and Louisiana that you can drop off donations to make a difference. Every little bit helps, this is not Texas' disaster to come out of, these are our brothers, sisters, family, and pets.
- Hudson County Sheriffs' Office at 595 Newark Ave. and 257 Cornelison Ave.
- Civic association meeting at the Howard Beach Motorboat Club, located at 59 Russell St.
- Rep. Dan Donovan’s offices: 265 New Dorp Ln., second floor, Staten Island and 7308 13th Ave., Brooklyn
- Borough President James Oddo’s office: 10 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island
- City Council Minority Leader Steven Matteo’s office: 900 South Ave., Suite 403, Staten Island
- City Councilman Joe Borelli’s office: 2955 Veterans Road West, Suite 2, Staten Island
- Sen. Marty Golden’s office: 7408 5th Ave., 1st Floor, Brooklyn
- Assemb. Ron Castorina’s office: 7001 Amboy Rd. Suite 202E, Staten Island
- Assemb. Nicole Malliotakis’ office: 11 Maplewood Place, Staten Island
- US Rep Tom Souzzi's office: 250-02 Northern Blvd., Little Neck, Queens
- St. Bernard Parish, Val Riess Sports Complex: 1101 Magistrate St., Chalmette, La. Mon.- Fri.,10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- St. Tammany Humane Society: 78263 Hwy 25, North Covington Mon.- Sat., 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Gardner Realtors: 204 Metairie Road, Suite C Metairie, La.
- Gardner Realtors: 111 N. Causeway Blvd, #205 Mandeville, La. 70448
- Second Harvest Food Bank: 700 Edwards Ave., New Orleans Mon.- Fri., 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Northshore Food Bank: 840 N. Columbia St., Covington Mon. - Thurs., 9:00 a.m. - noon
- CSC Customs at 10589 Airline Highway in Baton Rouge
- Cajun Navy at Costco 10000 Dawnadele Ave Bldg A, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
Together, we will make a difference.
Please donate here to provide relief through Americare and Samaritans Purse.